I’ll play Moggy’s little meme game this morning. If you don’t like ‘em, don’t read past here.
1. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship? Growing up.
2. When was the last time you shaved your legs? Never did. I don’t need to be that aerodynamic. Besides, it’s some of the only hair I have left.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8am? Reading an e-mail that leads me to believe I’m working this weekend because other people can’t plan for shit.
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Installing Apple’s newest version of iTunes, which is still a giant step backwards from previous versions.
5. Are you any good at math? Yeah, but James cured me of it.
6. Your prom night? At the Chateau Laurier, and we had booze served. Went with an inflate-a-date because we had a rule against going stag, but it was a good thing I brought a live backup, because the inflate-a-date was confiscated at the door (I guess Mr. McKim had batteries and was lonely). The brunch at the Goold’s was much better than the main event, although Donna air-lifting her dry and leathery chicken with the decorative helium balloons was entertaining.
7. Do you have any famous ancestors? No idea. They’re all dead, so don’t really interest me that much. My father has indicated that they were Welshpeople who rutted with the Germans, which pretty much ends any potential for follow-up on my part.
8. Have you ever taken out a loan to pay for school? Nope. Paid as I went. And look where it got me.
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? Gah. Myspace. Bitch, please.
10. Last thing received in the mail? Annoying junk mail ads from Canada Post (anyone else notice the service has been really hit and miss these days), chapters, and pizza pizza.
11. How many different beverages have you drank today? Coffee and grapefruit juice, but the whisky is tempting me.
12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines? Yeah, but I expect them to be returned about as much as I return ones left on mine (and, funnily enough, it balances out nicely)
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Van Halen, big and bad in Montreal. The Kenny Rogers show doesn’t count because, well… Kenny Mutherfucking Rogers Roasters.
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? I don’t go to the beach. They blow up whales there, so I avoid them as much as possible.
15. What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had? Probably when they removed four impacted molars. That was a good time.
16. What is out your back door? My garage.
17. Any plans for Friday night? Hating the world a little less, a movie, and if it clears up (or maybe even if it doesn’t) a walkabout to shoot some pics.
18. Do you like the ocean? I love the sound of it. All the pooping seagulls and the people who shouldn’t be wearing bikinis/speedos and the waste that washes on shore I could without.
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different kinds of popcorn for Christmas? Ugh. No, thankfully. I hate food you continue to be able to snack on 8 hours to 2 days later.
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Every chance I get. Love those things.
22. Something you are excited about? Moving on.
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? Vodka.
24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive? No.
25. Describe your keychain: It’s a plain silver ring with my keys, the keyfob for my car, and a speedpass.
27. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people? A couple years ago when I had a job that actually let me interact with people in person.
28. What kind of winter coat do you have? Don’t really have a winter coat. Somewhere in my line are people from the far north. I tend to wear an uninsulated shell all winter with layers.
29. What was the weather like on your graduation? Didn’t go. Hated the school, why bother?
30. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Open.